Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Second Finished Object - Socks

I've been motoring right along on my projects this month. The second finished project for 2011 is a pair of socks for my mom.

These were made using the Universal Toe-Up Sock Formula by Amy Swenson from Knitty Summer 2006. The yarn is Regia Bamboo in a many-shades-of-blue-with-some-brown colorway. I bought it and started the socks early last year, but when I picked them up again at the end of the 2010 Christmas knitting they fairly flew off the needles. It helps that my mom has small feet - the first skein lasted me past the heel of the second sock. So, as with 2011's first finished project, I'm looking for something to do with the rest of yarn. I'm thinking matching fingerless mitts for this, too. I'm mulling over a design idea, so we'll see if anything comes of that.

I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretching Bind-Off, which I now absolutely love, and anticipate using it for many things in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment