Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Yarn Along - Barbie Doll clothes

Joining Ginny's Yarn Along again.  Lots of great knitting and reading ideas over there.


Last week all my other knitting was put on hold to churn out some doll clothes for Niece S.  She turned five this week, and loves her Barbie dolls.  If you ever want to knit for Barbie dolls, stickatillbarbie.se has everything you might want.  Well over a thousand patterns there.  I knit a dress, a jacket, a top, shorts and a skirt (not pictured).

As far as reading goes, I've started re-reading A Clash of Kings, the second book in George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series.

4 comments:

  1. That brings back so many memories. :-) My mom used to make Barbie clothes for my Barbies when I was little (a loooong time ago) and then later on for our girls. They were always treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hopefully these will be loved, too. It's hard to tell right away, sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift idea! I'm sure your niece will love them. :)

    I've been meaning to read George R. R. Martin's series ... I started watching the show but there was a lot of nudity and it kind of put me off it. I'm much better at handling such things in books though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the books -- it is a lot easier to breeze over somethings when reading them, isn't it. You can just say, "yeah, going to skip visualizing that bit, moving on..." Be prepared for everyone you begin to care about to die, though.

    ReplyDelete