Yet another recently completed baby project is an entrelac baby blanket for a friend's newborn baby.
This is the first entrelac project I've done, and I liked it. With a total of 83 squares, It left a lot of ends to weave in, but that could be adjusted by color choice or using a variegated yarn. This pattern didn't call for triangles on the edges, but left them with decorative points.
The blanket was made with worsted weight Plymouth Encore. When I was picking out colors, there wasn't any white or cream at the knit store. So I decided to go with bold colors instead of pastel, and since we knew the baby was going to be a girl, I used purple as the main color. I think it worked out well, although the green isn't photographing well -- it's brighter than this shows. I think the mom's hair has been at least three of these colors while I've known her, so I think the blanket will go over well. It'll be in the mail hopefully on Friday.
19 hours ago